How to make iced Thai tea, authentic Thai street food style!
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 3 teaspoons of Thai tea mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of sugar
- 3 teaspoons of sweetened condensed milk
- 3 teaspoons of evaporated milk (+ as much as you want to drizzle on top)
HOW TO MAKE THAI ICED TEA:
- Put the Thai tea mix in the filter and place the filter over a cup.
- Pour the boiling water into the cup through the filter. Move the filter up and down a bit to extract the flavor of the tea. Let the tea steep for 2-3 minutes before discarding. If you’re using a fine-mesh strainer for this step, simply pour boiling water into your tea and let steep for 2-3 minutes before straining. **Do not steep the tea for too long or it will taste off (best not to go over 5 minutes).
- Add sugar, sweetened condensed milk, and evaporated milk and mix with a spoon.
- Taste-test the tea and see if you need to add more of anything. You want the tea to be sweeter than you like because the ice will dilute it later.
- Fill a glass with ice, pour the tea in, and drizzle some more evaporated milk on top.
- You can also make hot Thai tea, all you have to do, is not add ice 🙂
The best before date passed on 11.07.2022. However, this does not mean that they should no longer be consumed. The best before date is not the same as an expiration date, which means that they’re still perfectly safe and delicious.