How to make iced Thai tea, authentic Thai street food style!
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 3 teaspoons of Thai tea mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of sugar
- 3 teaspoons of sweetened condensed milk
- 3 teaspoons of evaporated milk (+ as much as you want to drizzle on top)
HOW TO MAKE THAI ICED TEA:
- Put the Thai tea mix in the filter and place the filter over a cup.
- Pour the boiling water into the cup through the filter. Move the filter up and down a bit to extract the flavor of the tea. Let the tea steep for 2-3 minutes before discarding. If you’re using a fine-mesh strainer for this step, simply pour boiling water into your tea and let steep for 2-3 minutes before straining. **Do not steep the tea for too long or it will taste off (best not to go over 5 minutes).
- Add sugar, sweetened condensed milk, and evaporated milk and mix with a spoon.
- Taste-test the tea and see if you need to add more of anything. You want the tea to be sweeter than you like because the ice will dilute it later.
- Fill a glass with ice, pour the tea in, and drizzle some more evaporated milk on top.
- You can also make hot Thai tea, all you have to do, is not add ice 🙂